Thursday, December 27, 2012

Helping People with Wellness



















When someone lets me know that they are feeling better after taking a food and/or product that I recommended, always puts a smile on my face. I enjoy helping people with their health needs. Providing advice on what foods to eat and what not to eat. Most people are not willing to change their eating habits 100%, recommending supplements made from plants is the most common. Only 1% of people eat the variety of foods that are needed for their body, the other 99% should be taking some form of supplement that is made of plants to fill in the cracks. I also offer advice on stretches and exercises for particular needs. 

          Background, my mom has been a nurse for over 25 years and got me started in my interest into nutrition and health. I am also a runner; I ran the 400 meter in high school learning many exercises and health advice from my coaches. If I wanted to learn about something, I would self educate with books and/or websites. Currently I am studying Nutrition at college, looking to transfer to UC Davis for B.S. in Nutrition. I also have multiple mentors that have studied nutrition and one that used to be a personal trainer for cyclists. If you could not tell, my passion is nutrition and providing nutritional advice to people. 

          I find that it is the people that you know and love the most, like your family and friends that are the hardest people to offer advice too. Even when you know that, what they have can be helped very easily. I find it curious that people you just met are more willing to try anything to help their ailments or interested in doing anything that is preventative. Preventative can be from getting sick, disease, virus, or on some occasions something that runs in the family. It is rough for me to watch someone in pain or dealing with an ailment and doing the same thing repeatedly expecting a different result. Albert Einstein said “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. I have a friend that has been dealing with heartburn 3-4 times a week for over a year. Their doctor has been prescribing different medications but none of them seems to work. I asked if they wanted to try something that has been helping many people with heartburn and plant based, meaning almost no side effects unless you are allergic to one of the ingredients. They refused because the doctor knows best. Did I mention they have been going to the doctor for over a year for the same problem? If something is not working why not try something new, what is it going to hurt for 90 days? The same thing that the person has been feeling before, if it does not work. I have found that most people when they try plants within 90 days they start feeling better, some reduced and/or off their medication within 90 days.

When I help someone, most problems are associated with inflammation and pH balance. Once both of those areas are taken care of, along with filling in the cracks of nutrition most problems go away. The person would need to keep up the great work of having their body in balance. It would also become a preventative for the future, while keeping the ailment that was first bothering them reduced or gone. I have helped people their ailments, where their symptoms are reduced and their medications are being reduced. Then they tell me, the doctor has been really helping me I no longer need your help or products. Within two weeks to a month, everything comes back and they question what happened or changed. They stopped taking care of their body. Our bodies have everything it needs to heal itself, we just need to provide it the correct fuel. Just like a car if it is not maintained it will break down and have more problems than it should. If the car is well taken care of and providing it good oil, fuel and getting everything checked out when it needs to be then the car could last your decades. 

There is one major difference between a car and your body, you can buy a new car or engine if the car completely breaks down. You cannot buy a new body. You have one body for the rest of your life. 

How are you going to take care of your body?




More blogs that may interest you...


No comments:

Post a Comment